"Out of the Blue" IC Knights Cross

NShado

Hello Guys,

Today I was offered an IC Knights Cross by a friend of mine who is a jeweler here locally and had a customer bring it in trying to sell it for the "Silver". My friend did pick it up and called me. I had a chance to give it a good looking over and will be taking some pics of it shortly and posting them here for comments. When I examined it I found that the ring was marked either "925" or "935". I could not tell exactly which due to the number being stamped on the round and the tail of the "9" and lower part of the second number were missing or very light. The thing was almost solid with Black Patina and I did not want to do anything to it until it is officially "mine". The cross was stamped 900 slightly to the left of the top loop but I could not see any other markings, again due to the Patina. He said he did verify that the frame and loop ARE Silver and I verified that it IS magnetic (Big Time). The insert finish is geat but has some veins in it. It has about a 4-inch shred of raggedy Ribbon on it. I am SURE this one has never been in a collection!

He is a long-time buddy of mine and a non-Collector so if it turns out bogus, I am sure he will give me back anything I pay him for it. But I don't want to do that since he really scores for me on occasion. So I don't want to get too deep in it. If anyone could give me some guidance on this thing I would greatly appreciate it!! Remarks welcome as to guesses on authenticity and value?

Best Nick

• Like 3

would really need to see some pictures Nick, Knights Crosses are heavily faked.

• Like 2

Wow, Sorry guys, I have been trying to get back with him to get some pics and have not been able to do so. If I manage to pick it up I will revisit this topic and we can proceed. Best, Nick

• Like 2