Afrika Korps visits Bunker

Kenny Andrew

We were quite surprised yesterday when one of our customers visited us with his new mode of transport. :D

bmw9.jpg

bmw2.jpg

bmw5.jpg

bmw7.jpg

bmw8.jpg

bmw12.jpg

bmw16.jpg

bmw18.jpg

• Like 2

Ha very nice . is it German or British or American biggrin.gif

• Like 2

Hi Reece ,

welcome to the forum smile.gif

It's actually Russian , A Dneiper converted to look like Africa Corps :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Can he providence it as original Afrika Korps or ist is merely painted and mocked up and really something used in Bavaria by the German Bread Baking Korps?

• Like 2

Greg,I think it's from the 80's but it certainly raised a few eyebrows, especially when he reved up the engine biggrin.gif

• Like 1

Not to be super picky, because I know how hard it can be to find proper parts, but the ammo can attached to the sidecar cab is a post-WWII 50 Cal US Army ammo box. Probably post Vietnam era and not a proper German Army WWII box (these can be found with just a little more searching and work put into it).

The MG34 would be neat but I suppose Strathclude Police would just love to see that on King St :-p They did not always have such items... incidentally I know of an authentic 100% providenced Afrika Korps Falschirmjager (Paratrooper) Kettenkrad fully restored and working in Germany.

post-17-1215860593_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Yes the ammo can is US,chap just added it for bit extra equipment,and it clearly says US on it.You could prob argue that little of it is period but its a nice piece and i enjoyed going for a spin in it! The chap who owns it also said it was an on going project.Remember much of what you see in museums regarding vehicles is not period,this used to annoy me but now im realistic about budgets etc that museums face and difficulty getting period pieces intact or sourcing parts.

• Like 2

Ha all you need now is a panzer tank going down the street and that would defenetley raise a few eyebrows aik it at the neds ha

• Like 2