2014 collecting

Greg

so with Christmas near, and time to reflect on the year.... What was everyone's best item found in 2014, what do you hope to find under the tree shortly and what do you hope to aim for in 2015?

For me my best find was a model 1839 Bavarian Short Sword for Pioneer Units.

Under the tree I have a feeling I'll get some more DDR NVA items from my wife's family who oblige me every year :)

And for 2015 I hope to get into short swords a bit more and round out some imperial german medals, mainly a gold wound badge.

• Like 4

A formal pattern AH napkin with original pics of the GI at the Berghof where he liberated it. Looks neat with my AH fork taken from the eagles nest.

• Like 5

I really need to get back to Bavaria to see the Eagles Nest, was there two years ago but sadly the weather and snow closed the access road so I only managed the SS bunkers at the lower levels.

• Like 3

Really is beautiful as a family we have had some great holidays in Berchtesgaden and the surrounding area. Going back in a couple of years time for 25th wedding anniversary.

• Like 5