http://www.medalnet.net/pandis.htm

hi yes you are right you and several experts told me that ,

thanks and especially to Kenny,

for putting me right,

I got in touch with the seller and the transaction was cancelled ,

just goes to show , I never stop learning ,

:thumbsup:

• Like 4

I would keep the post up Peter so others can spot this badge and help others who might get offered these badges. That's what this forum is all about, to help each other out. Glad you got your money back, nothing to be ashamed of, even after 30 years of selling German badges I am still learning everyday. Well done for bringing this badge to the attention of the forum which will help other collectors :thumbsup:

• Like 4

• 1 year later...

With WWI aviation badges one has to be very wary. I got an example around 1977 from a Hamburg dealer. This was a finely silvered example with the enamelled shield. The rear had the sunray effect and it was a variant example with a screw back, for which the screw and backing plate were missing, just a short shaft with threading. Much later I was dissatisfied with this example - too late, the dealer was long gone, so I eventually traded it on with a loss. I now realise, this was probably a post WW1 production as late as WW2. Lost Decorations could theoretically always be replaced by a purchase by the owner up till end of WW2, these were readily available or could be ordered. Still no comparison with original period pieces. Good originals were mainly in pure silver (till end of 1916/beginning of 1917), and one of the most well known makers was C.E.Juncker, Berlin SW. Other issue examples were in stamped metal (not cast), this being sometimes iron with a nickel silver finish. A well known maker for Bavarian badges - these had a different crown, i.e., the Bavarian crown, was Carl Poelath in Schrobenhausen, and this maker's badges were mainly marked. However, even these badges have been copied for a long time, even in pure silver! A badge complete with an orginal case is no guarantee for its originality.

image.thumb.png.81cc6e983046a54cb8be274db8d58ddc.png

Copy by Göde

image.png.63d713c44b0a7ada2e33435c7c52859e.pngimage.png.8f5e2426dcf528485d2136453f78147f.pngimage.png.afaf96b9003e98369094e1f6bbcfe26d.png

Meisterwerke by Göde: If these don't put anyone off collecting, nothing will, all come with an orginal certificate!

Orden Ludwigsorden Ludwig 1.v.Bayern - Replik Bayern 1827 Göde Zertifikat |  eBay

Göde Orden replik Norwegen 1847 Sankt Olaf Orden in Sachsen-Anhalt -  Dessau-Roßlau | eBay Kleinanzeigen

Göde Orden Sammlung eBay Kleinanzeigen

Examples of Göde "certificates" !

• Like 4