What's The Photo of

leon21

Anybody know what the event is in this postcard photo.

The Officer in the photo has the rank of Hauptsturmfuhrer looking at the collar tab of his uniform, and there's snow in

the foreground so maybe taken in winter.

post-3823-0-57908700-1386418496_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

No idea Leon, probably a moral building speech to the troops, quite a strange photo too, the way the flag is displayed plus the Mg 34's on lafettes next to potted plants in the snow,the potted plants look quite tropical too, and is that a man behind the central officer holding his chin? :kopkrab: SS flower pot parade? perhaps due to losses on the Eastern front they are recruiting flower pots into the German army :D

• Like 2

Yes my thoughts too probably a propaganda staged photo to boost moral, don't see a man behind officer only a branch

overhanging a window frame. Yes a strange photo indeed. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Here's another strange photo of a group of kindergarden children wearing the wolfsangel emblem.

looking closely I can see 10 girls wearing the emblem vertically on their dresses , and 5 wearing it horizontally

the rest are not wearing it at all. Very strange :kopkrab:

post-3823-0-96916200-1386603401_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Yes that is another strange one ,even in todays girl guilds you would get into trouble for not attaching your badges correctly ( I speak as ex Boys brigade not girl guild :D ) mind you perhaps the orientation of the badge donated some sort of rank ?

• Like 2