Operation Valkyrie

Anybody seen this film, picked up a copy recently must admit after watching it I liked it better than the Tom Cruise version.post-3823-0-76478500-1377686122_thumb.jpgpost-3823-0-18578600-1377686147_thumb.jpgpost-3823-0-35136500-1377686171_thumb.jpgpost-3823-0-24187900-1377686195_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Watched it a few months ago,wasnt very impressed .no doubt wont be the last film made on this episode in WW2.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I saw it a few months ago too, could not really get into it, but to be honest you need to be in the right mood to watch these things and that day I was'nt, watched most of it in fast forward. In saying that it came out in 2004 and the Tom cruse version 2008 so if I had not seen the Tom cruise version first would probably have loved it.Also liked the fact it starred the son of the iconic war film actor Hardy Kruger Jnr. Might give it another try next time it is on.

• Like 3

• 2 years later...

Operation Walküre - claims here: One man's attempt to destroy the Third Reich. This is completely misleading information on the part of the film commercial. Stauffenberg did not want to destroy the "Third Reich", nor was he alone. He simply wanted to kill Hitler with the intent to install a provisional government, which could negotiate a peace treaty with the Allies. The important point was in saving Germany from total disaster, and to handle in time, before too late. Many people seem to oversee this fact. It has often since been discussed whether Stauffenberg was a traitor or not. Since the mid-1950s he and his comrades have been officially re-habilitated. But the general public has taken nearly three generations to accept this.

• Like 3

One of the great "If" scenarios Paul, what do you think would have happened, if Rommel had taken over?

• Like 3

It's hard to say what would have happened at all - civil war in the middle of the war. It would not have changed the outcome of the war - for the Allies wanted unconditional surrender, or total defeat.

Either it would have been a fight to the end anyway or complete subserviance, which we have today anyway. One way or the other, everything was lost.

• Like 3