Away for a bit

Greg

Hi All,

Going to go silent and deep for a bit... and not for a good reason. My wife's area of German has been very hard hit by the recent floods. Apart from watching superb footage of Fuchs AFVs in full amphibious mode, not much to celebrate. I've got to fly out ASAP and do what I can to help. Family home about to go underwater, family business underwater for the past 2 days.... and Glasgow does not have many army surplus stores left anymore for cheap comabt clothes to grab and toss out after cleanup is over!

sorry to hear that Greg, I see Germany is having allot of problems just now, good luck , take care out there :thumbsup:

Seen it on the TV over here and the south are having a real bad time, hope things work out.

Hope everything will be all ok, best of luck. :thumbsup:

I'm sure all the forum members hope that things work out for you and your family Greg, best of luck. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

thanks all, been back few days now just not much time to be here. Things were a lucky miss but with some losses in Germany. Family and house were fine, water stopped meters from us so very close call. Family business wnet underwater but they can rebuild that. Ended up with a tetanus for a cut on the arm during clean up, god knows what is in the water when you have an open wound around it.

got to see lots of modern germany military kit too... bundeswehr was there with a panzer battalion using Unimog, MAN trucks and Fox amphibious armoured infantry vehicles. The THW were everywhere, this is a German technical help agency that sits between the military and the red cross and brings in the heavy resuce equipment, pumps, diggers, etc... maing MAN and UNIMOG trucks.

Saw some Germany military helicopters... pumas i think doing sand bag drops too... terrible disaster out there costs about 8 billion euro but very impressive response from the government.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to hear the family is ok.

I saw the flood on the news, looked horrendous, hope everything goes well rebuilding the business :)