Hello from the Forum members

david f

• 1 year later...

Hey Guys, B)

I'm Tzipi, 20, I'm a Deck Cadet in the Merchant Navy studying in Glasgow.

I've been looking into collecting medals and WWII Items for a few months so I thought I join a

forum to learn a bit more about the area before buying anything serious.

Being a student I don't have much money, But I collect items that interest me more than money value. :)

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone and getting stuck into Medal collecting!

Tzipi :color_:

• Like 2

Welcome Tzipi to the forum. Are there medals and items from a specific country you are interested in collecting?

• Like 2

Thanks Greg,

A mix of German, British, French, Russian, etc.

I collect Stamps and Coins to, so I have a mix of War time stamps and coins. I just love feeling I get when I look at these small stamp and coins and think 'These where actually there!' :D

• Like 2

Welcome Tzipi, nice to know someone else collects coins and stamps. ;)

• Like 2

Hi Tzipi,

welcome to the forum :D The forum might be down for a day or two this week but don't worry we are just upgrading to a new version :thumbsup:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers for the welcome guys.

Also want to say thanks to the guys in the shop who helped me out and gave me advice on books. Many Thanks :thumbsup:

• Like 2

• 9 months later...

Hello, I'm Helen the new admin/moderator I'm a bit of a history buff and I love Militaria!~Helen

• Like 2

Hi Helen , welcome to the forum :) Helen is admin on our Facebook page and new moderator on the forum.I suggested she join the forum to get ideas of what people would like to see on the facebook page ,also what people would like to see on the forum.Everybody here is very friendly so lets help Helen with ideas for Facebook content and ways to make the forum busier :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Hello all, thanks for the lovely welcome! Everyone seems lovely! :rolleyes:

• Like 2

good to have you on board, I'm looking forward to some good work on the facebook in the future, can't wait to see what you may have ideas for

• Like 2

I have a few ideas up my sleeve. :)

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

Firstly, i apoligize for my rudeness in not spotting this particular topic sooner and not introducing myself properly which would have been a more appropriate first post.. anyway..

Hello to you all. My name is Kev, im 29 and own/manage a newsagents in the north of glasgow with my brother. I have had an interest in history since i was a young boy, it started when i first read Suetonius: The Twelve Caesars, and never left me since. Ancient history and Kaisergeschichte has always fascinated me, in particular the history of warfare and its origins..

The Treasure Bunker is a fine establishment, one of a kind in Glasgow if not Scotland. I first visited the shop in 2001 and bought a hard back copy of Eisenhowers: Crusade in Europe and I started collecting medals about 5 years ago when i bought a genuine WW2 German Wound Badge in Black.

Since then i aquired a lovely replica Close-Quarters Clasp - Gold Grade and an Infantry Assualt Badge -Silver grade. In the future i will most likely aquire some genuine artifacts for posterity and judging from the response from like minded people in this forum: The Treasure Bunker is the place to go. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Thanks Kev, welcome to the forum :)

• Like 1

• 5 years later...
On 21/02/2011 at 16:37, leon21 said:

Hi kenny colin is my name have the knickname of adolf by my friends who think i look like him been collecting german militaria for a number of years born in manchester moved to lincolnshire in 2000 were theres alot of militaria items to be had at fair prices retired last year due to health problems an moved to northumberland to be near my youngest daughter and grandchildren still looking to add to my collection if the price is right concentrating on kriegmarine items at the moment but also have a large collection of luftwaffe items .

Hallo Leo, could you perhaps post some pictures of your Luftwaffe and Kriegsmarine items?🙂

• Like 2

Sorry Paul, I don't have them anymore I had to sell them several years ago when my eldest daughter died aged 40, she did not have any life insurance

and her husband could not afford the funeral costs so I sold them to pay for it myself.

• Sad 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry to hear that

• Like 3