• Sylvester McCoy
    • Paul McGann
    • Christopher Eccleston
    • David Tennant
    • Matt Smith
    • John Hurt
    • Peter Capaldi

• 2 months later...

But wasn't Sylvester McCoy the pits ? What I can't understand is why Radio Times are so besotted with the series ? The covers and almost weekly articles do reek of overkill. Actually I think the new Dr. Who has been subject to an enormous hype, it's OK, but hardly epic. Now I'll duck behind this wall to avoid all the curses and brickbats.

• Like 1

I was'nt that impressed with Pt 2 of the Dalek story although it was OK ,Davros was very good though and unlike other enemies in the new series he was just as good if not better than the original.

I really think they missed a trick with Bernard Cribbins they should have definatley have made some reference to him fighting the Daleks in the 1966 film he made with Peter Cushing ,just something simple like a photo of him on the mantle piece with a police uniform or some other reference would have been a great nostalgic moment.

Totally agree with you about Silvester Mccoy although I liked him in other things he was not great as the Doctor , although his side kick Ace was quite funny.Peter Davidson was also not the best, forever Tristran, I think no coincidence that era was the same time as John Nathan Turner which killed the series.

You couldn't beat Pertwee, Troughton and Baker they were the three Doctors.

• 4 years later...

Sad to see Amy Pond leaving ,one of my favourite companions

• Like 1

Sad to see Colin Baker getting evicted from the Jungle last night, he was actually a good Doctor Who, just by that time the stories were not very good.

Another old face we grew up with who is no longer with us the Brigadier.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

I forgot it was even on , All the Christmas specials have been pretty poor. I see it is on next week so will record it. I thought it might be OK because there was a Sontaran in it.But the Sontarans now look like Lego men.To be honest I watch the new series but prefer the old classic series even then only up to the Tom Baker era.Here's the Sontarans before they looked like Lego men.The new series just does not have the same darkness as the classic series.Why could they not just keep the sontarans looking the same?

• Like 2