German Police Shako

Herr_Petomer

Hey there again guys,

I am looking into German Police Shako's at the moment as it is a piece I have always liked but never owned. I am more interested in the Rural style which had the Green felt on the shako. Black or Brown leather are both attractive so not overly fussed on that front. I don't seem to see them about usually except on the net and that's usually in the states. Not wanting to rush into buying anything as it is a possible future buy but whats the usual price around such items?

Pete

• Like 3

Hi Pete,

Rural Police had the brown leather ,both should have green felt ,black leather is for city police.We had a cracker in the shop a couple of weeks ago for £395 but it went before I got a chance to add it to the website.Will try my best to remember to let you know next time we get one in. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Such an ideal price too :P Keep me posted if anymore show up as I would very much like to add one to the collection :D

• Like 3

will do Pete :thumbsup:

• Like 2

• 7 years later...

Regular police Tschakos of the period should always be of greygreen felt, with either brown or black leather trim. The black all leather Tschakos are of the older model, but were still worn by the Polizei-Reserve, I have been told. The all black leather type, this time of resin material were re-introduced in the 1950s and were in use till at least 1970 in most regions.

• Like 3