Government proposal to prevent sale of Nazi items

Greg

Very unlikely to go through,more important things on the government agenda.Possibly a ban on holocaust sale items and to be honest i can understand that, never understood the appeal,very macabre, but pure militaria is unlikely. Another loony Labour MP I see.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I also can understand a ban of Holocaust related items, I will never purchase or even accept any items related to it even if it was for free for my collection.

But a general ban of anything Nazi related ?

What a load of s**t! These MP's should be more worried about the terrible state this country is in, and not banning all us fair and honest collectors of "historical" memorabilia!

Lets be honest though, how the hell do they think a tray promotes hatred... It is like saying my toaster promotes arson!

What's next? A ban on owning Stalin related items?

• Haha 2

What's next? A ban on owning Stalin related items?

:D

• Like 1

• 5 years later...

Does not stop them promoting and manufacturing arms and armaments for domestic and export use worldwide.
Why don't they ban all armies and all wars? They could even propose to ban terrorism, which might make some sense.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

My Girlfriend was looking at an Anne Frank costume on a website of some type for Halloween and I said "that's to much surely, I disapprove, its insensitive she was just a wee girl", but apparently owning a Knights Cross is weird and she freaked, double standards much? Some people have no historical context in our generation, none at all.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • Sad 1

Yes I agree Cato, and an Anne Frank costume is pretty sick, to say the least :o   

• Like 2

I had to google to see exactly what an "Anne Frank Costume" is, never heard of it before and found following article under The Daily Telegraph, it must have been typical clothing of the period (or worn only by Anne Frank?), now given a brand name (I think nowadays everything seems to be getting a bit out of hand, the media is much responsable for widespead hysteria):

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/10/17/anne-frank-outfit-removed-halloween-costume-website-provoking/

Anne Frank outfit removed from Halloween costume website after provoking outcry

• Wow 2