David Flanagan 1958 - 2012 RIP

Kenny Andrew

David served in the Royal Highland Fusiliers as an Infantryman, after leaving the Army he joined the Prison Service. While serving in Barlinnie Prison he was captured by inmates during the mass riots of 1987, images of him were beamed around the world as the rioters threatened to throw him off the roof of Barlinnie Prison. David later left the Prison service due to ill health and came to work with us at the Treasure Bunker. He was the backbone of the business throughout the 1990's. Despite kidney failure and latterly cancer he was always smiling and never depressed. We were all very saddened to hear he had passed away last week. It was an honour to know him, he will be very sadly missed.

post-3-1331161111.jpg

davie2.jpgdavie.jpg

• Like 3

Really sorry to hear about this Kenny Dave wil be missed in the shop and here

• Like 3

I was upset when told David had passed away,he had been in the shop just a few weeks before and was his usual cheery self.He always brought a laugh on Saturday afternoons when he would pop in to say hello.His stories were often hilarious and the way he told them funny. I will miss him.

• Like 3

• 5 months later...

Sorry to hear of the sad passing of a friend and I am sure he will be surely missed in the shop RIP

Robert

• Like 3

• Kenny Andrew featured this topic

new photos added 

• Like 2