collector of fakes

Kenny Andrew

Check out this poor guy ,looks like the Eastern European Dealers have been fleecing him for some time.

• Like 1

He has been a collector for 50 years and has been taken in by that shite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would have loved to have seen the video of his face when they told him it's all fake. Better than the antiques roadshow.

• Like 2

That's what I thought :D I wish he had come to my shop instead of travelling the world! I could have probably retired from him and at least his collection would be worth something. :tantrum:

• Like 1

Yes I'm finding this clip very annoying especially when you think how long we take to check all our badges are original then you get people like him throwing all their money away to crooks.

He didn't find anything in Russia or Denmark this time , Lucky him !!! I'm surprised they were not waiting for him at the airport!

and the people who made the salver are still in business , wow another surprise ,maybe next time he is over they will sell him an original SS engraver just like the one used to make his tray :tantrum:

• Like 1

Yes I'm finding this clip very annoying especially when you think how long we take to check all our badges are original then you get people like him throwing all their money away to crooks.

He didn't find anything in Russia or Denmark this time , Lucky him !!! I'm surprised they were not waiting for him at the airport!

and the people who made the salver are still in business , wow another surprise ,maybe next time he is over they will sell him an original SS engraver just like the one used to make his tray :tantrum:

poor c**t, collecting for over 50yrs and never thought to buy a book.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

It proves the saying - 'theres no fool like an old fool'

I'm no expert at all but God almighty! that pilot badge and the cross are just plain embarrassing!

• Like 2

His Pilots badge seems to be for a Giant and I like the way his grand cross has oakleaves , Goering would be very jealous :D

• Like 1

His Pilots badge seems to be for a Giant and I like the way his grand cross has oakleaves , Goering would be very jealous :D

wonder if all his other stuff is of a similar 'quality'? :rolleyes:

• Like 2

I've got a feeling it will be ,poor old Phil :( I suppose he would do well if he took it to a Hells Angels Rally :rockon:

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

I am late in having a comment on this poor guys "stuff".This is what happens when you listen to these guys who swear that this junk is 100% real.Bill buy some books and please you should have contacted Kenny Andrew and spoken to him.I know these comments make you sick,but they are trying to let you know that this is bad stuff and it will be bad now and 100 years from now.Have seen alot of guys get screwed ,and its a shame you met these cretins.Carl PS.I HAVE BEEN COLLECTING SINCE 1969-70 AND THE REPRO GUYS WERE THERE THEN!!

• Like 2

It really doesn't suprise me any more that some people will defend their collections to the hilt,depsite being told that they are fakes.Fleesing collectors is nothing new and as has been said before do your homework and read up as much as possible before dropping money on an item.Stick to reputable dealers if you are going after a high end item,and get a guarentee on it.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

:huh:

One born every minute as they say. It makes me angry about the crooks that devalue the hobby!

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Wow, I'm new to all this but if someone was telling me that 'he has only ever seen two, and he has both of them' and half his collection is oversized and 'different from the rest' I think even I could spell a fish?? Thanks for posting this...its reinforcing the already advice I am receiving as a new colllector of....go to a trusted dealer!

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

if it is too good to be true it probably is

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

more junk on ebay I like the way the seller does not even mention the fact it is fake :angry:

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

WTF.. I've seen a Pour le Merite with Oaks Leaves, but never a Grand Cross of the Iron Cross with Oaks Leaves.. The proportions are wierd, like attaching a snipers scope onto a water pistol type of wierd.

I don't even think RM Göring would try to pull a fly one (no pun intended) like that, and he was fond of his bling-bling, like a sort of honky Gangsta' Rapper with kleptomania.

I hope he kept the receipt..

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

What we have here, gentlemen is a classic of the collector who solely depands on the "experts" who are selling this junk for his items and would NEVER spend a dime on a book, The statement he made regarding "only seen one before" tells you that he probably doesn't even own a computer or have any contact with the internet. I somewhat feel sorry for the guy, but I really feel like he, and the ones like him, are the legitimate prey for all the predators out there. He doesn't sound like a total idiot so I am sure there have been lots of real collectors who have tried to send him in the right direction and he just refuses to go. If he has been collecting, (accumulating) for as long as he says, he would have exhausted any pity I would have had for him long ago. He probably has lots of stories about the "Great Deals" he has made for this junk also.

• Like 2

agreed, I kind of feel sorry for him too, but as you say maybe he can't be told, we get people in all the time asking for instance how much an Iron cross is , when we tell them they say "you can get those on ebay for half the price" We have to tell them yes but these ones are real......................

It's good getting bargains but not so good for them, when they decide to bring their collection of bargains in to sell, only to find out ,their collection is worthless and mostly junk.

• Like 1