Zvezda 1:72 Topol M SS-25 Missile Launcher

Greg

Last month Zvezda released a Russian Topol M SS-25 Inter Continental Ballistic Missile Launcher.

These are the dreaded threat of the late cold war, ICBM launchers that are released into the wilds of Russia to roam about and launch a missile at will. The west has barely even managed to get near one to see, so a model of one is very exciting.

If you model in 1:72 the models usually are small, quick to build and easy to handle... well this is the mother of all 1:72 vehicles. At near 32cm it is massive... considering a 1:72 T-80 to guard it comes in at only 14cm!

I've ordered one from my local model shop and it is on back order... could have got it online tomorrow but wanted to support local. And still need to wait for Resin wheels and a PE set for it - supplied wheels are rubber and will crack after some time.

Hopefully can show some shots during the build :)

• Like 3

I have always fancied building some Cold War and modern Russian military hardware. Look forward to seeing the build Greg. :)

• Like 3

Yeah I am getting tired of Tiger and Sherman Tanks... really happy that many compnaies are starting to switch to Cold War stuff. Actually the Eastern Bloc produced many alright models during the cold war but these were never available in the west. The molds are being used again with updates and some very exciting models are just out or are planned.

• Like 3