Bronze Pab Badge De-nazified

leon21

Same with this badge although not as bad, would you buy it or not, opinions.

post-3823-1318623431_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

I am not sure but I personally would not buy anything de-nazified simply as it is not my taste. I buy complete items mainly, unless its things like aircraft wreckage etc.

I think the way i look at these sorts of items is how you want your collection to be, for instance if you buy everything that is mint and not even with a tad bit of rust. I say don't bother with these sorts of things unless you like them, might as well save up for nicer more complete and more valuable ones. :) Although i have seen some de-nazified items fetch more than real ones!

These items can be very nice for the historical side of things though. Most of the time these items are going to be authentic.

• Like 4

• 5 years later...

The items are probably ok. The Krim shield is a typical example how items were denazified after the 8th May 1945, and still worn for a short while. The Panzer badge has not been denazified, but simply damaged at some time. I would tend to take the trouble to get this restored by an expert. It may not be worth it financially speaking, but it does justice in the end. You could also try a cheap and effective method using a clear type of glue, which hardens in seconds, here it is called "Sekundenkleber". You would have to be very carefull using this, and to press the parts firmly together until hardened, at the best, the repair would hardly be noticeable.

There is also a much published photo of an infantry officer at Stalingrad, I am sure many have seen, it shows him wearing an Infanterie-Sturmabzeichen, in which half of the wreath is missing, curious, but he is still wearing it.

image.thumb.png.5ec456b5b6546e613212464ee94d1548.png

I finally got a Prussian military bugle properly restored (2004), twenty years after buying it. The restoration cost several times more than the purchase. A financial loss, you may say, but justice done.

• Like 2

For me it would depend on rarity of the item and price tag, common items I would pass up on. 

• Like 4

I totally missed this thread, I agree if it's a rare item and the price is right then would possibly consider it. When I first started collecting my first German Cross in Gold had most of the enamel smashed out of it , I was always quite happy with it as it only cost me £20 and was named on the back to a German paratrooper.     

• Like 4