Scottish buttons

Buster

Here's  more stuff I dug out that I forgot about, first are six  royal Scots Buttons,  5  of them are made by JR. CAUNT & SONS & another isn't  maker marked.

Next are these two pips, I can't make out the script on these, there is red & green enamel work on then, I have no idea what regiment there from.

Then I have these two Buttons, one is a Queens own Cameron Highlanders , the other one I had to look up, I think it's a Scottish horse Button.

And lastly is this crown badge, I have no idea how old any of these items are so any help would be greatly appreciated .

20170919_113531.jpg

20170919_112359.jpg

20170919_112746.jpg

20170919_112532.jpg

• Like 4

Pips: Tria Juncta in Uno - three united in one. Some of the buttons may be pre-1920, they certainly look older. The pips may be WW2 or a bit later, the crown is pre 1953, could be possibly for a staff sergeant, worn above the chevrons, or possibly a major's shoulder insignia, depending on the fitting at the rear, would usually be two brass loops held by a split pin, as some cap badges are.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Fritz said:

Pips: Tria Juncta in Uno - three united in one. Some of the buttons may be pre-1920, they certainly look older. The pips may be WW2 or a bit later, the crown is pre 1953, could be possibly for a staff sergeant, worn above the chevrons, or possibly a major's shoulder insignia, depending on the fitting at the rear, would usually be two brass loops held by a split pin, as some cap badges are.

That's great  Fritz, very informative indeed, yes the crown has two rings and split pin intact, the Scottish horse button I had never seen before looking it up online

• Like 4

The crown is a major's shoulder insignia, I have  the same crown but mine still has the backing plate with it.

The Button was worn by the WW1 Scottish Horse Regiment.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, leon21 said:

The crown is a major's shoulder insignia, I have  the same crown but mine still has the backing plate with it.

The Button was worn by the WW1 Scottish Horse Regiment.

Thanks Leon that's brilliant, I got the  lot of them  as one lot & they have been in  in a little bag for years, I knew some of you could fill me  in on them. 

• Like 4