Orden & Ehrenzeichen 1800-1945 book

leon21

Here's an interesting little pocket book I found at a car boot sale at the week end cost me all of £2.00.

img806.jpg

img807.jpg

• Like 4

That is the standard reference work and a good recommendation. They were originally brought out by the Graf Klenau oHG in Munich, later taken over, I think by Nimmergut, don't know who brings the latest out - these always have the standard internationally recognised catalogue number for all German decorations, beginning with OEK and then the number. My first one I got around 1978 and the last one 1986. Nothing changes much apart from the market prices. They also brought out a volume for European orders and decorations, and also a very usefull ribbon catalogue for identifying all known German ribbons, each with the relevant cat.-no. These are now republished by Battenberg Verlag, Munich - I mentioned this in an earlier post. They always cost a lot more than 2 pounds, so you made a good bargain there.

• Like 2