Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
allan

I need your help!

3 posts in this topic

Hi all,
I am working in a steel manufacturing company. We work in very dangerous conditions and are always open to danger. I have just started working in this field. My employer has asked me to get the safety equipment like the safety shoes, hard caps, and even the dress. 
But I have no idea where to purchase them from. I have been searching for them in the nearby shops here and I got the safety shoes. Now I have to get the shirts. I was checking on the internet and found some safety shirts online.
But before I purchase them, I would like to know if it is a good idea to buy the safety shirts online? Will they be of good quality? Does anyone have any experience?
Thanks. 

2 people like this

I thought PPE should be provided by your employers as they have a responsibility for your safety. Same would go for a full risk assessment which would then dictate what PPE should be worn. 

2 people like this

Not something I know allot about Allan, but I think your employer should at least point you in the right direction and let you know where to buy the correct items. I would imagine with safety equipment it would be pretty important you get the correct items otherwise someone could be in big trouble if someone got injured.         

2 people like this