Hoch- und Deutschmeister, 44.I.D., Stalingrad memorial mass, Wien 2015

Fritz

A memorial mass for the Grenadier-Division Hoch- und Deutschmeister at the Votiv-Kirche in Wien in 2015. Some traditional uniforms are worn, some old veterans of Stalingrad present. Originally the k.u.k. Hoch- und Deutschmeister Infanterie-Regiment 4, has maintained its traditions over the years.

• Like 2

• 3 years later...

k.u.k. Militärparade with also the Infanterie-Regiment Deutschmeister No. 4

• Like 2

Amazing clip, I wonder what the value of those helmets would be today, from what I can see they all seem to be original too.  

• Like 2

In the post-war films when a lot of these films were made, 1950s to mid 1970s, Bavaria Film Studios, Studio Hamburg and Berlin, etc., etc., there were a lot of original pieces  in film costume  studios, but a lot of it was altered and fiddled around, this came onto the market in later years. Otherwise pieces were specially made up for the film as required. Recently a 1940s made Bavarian Hartschier uniform was sold, this had been made for a film of some sort, most of the materials involved were original left-overs. Uniforms were also acquired or made for the spectacular König Ludwig II. film in 1955, there was still a lot available. Some of this surfaced on the militaria market and auctions in the 1980s and 1990s.  I even bought a perfect tunic from a small costume hire business about 20 years ago. I was told, it was normally for hire, 40 DM each time, the tunic would then be dry-cleaned after return for the next customer, and after about 10 hires, discarded - so I asked him how much to buy outright - and he said he would need 400 DM, to which I agreed, so this uniform was saved from destruction in time. That particular costumier is no longer there.

• Like 2

Do you still have the uniform Fritz, would love to see it? 

• Like 2

It is not an Austrian uniform, it is of Husaren-Regiment 15, Wandsbek (comparable examples already under that particular topic) I will eventually get round to posting some more uniforms some time!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Nationalfeiertag, 26. Oktober 2022, Wien-Heldenplatz

• Like 2