Ground Magnetometer

allan

Hi,

I enjoy going treasure hunting, and I always go in search whenever I get time. My friend told me about a geophysical instrument called a ground magnetometer that he had seen with his cousin brother, and he told me that his cousin was working in the archeology department, and they use it to find ancient ruins hidden below the ground. I found it interesting, and I thought it could help me for my gold hunting. But, I need to know more about this. Could anyone help me with this?

• Like 4

Hi Allan,

welcome to the forum :) sorry I don't know much about treasure hunting. We were offered about 10 years ago to help and contribute money to an American gold hunting exploration in the English Channel, it involved sunken ships from the Elizabethan era I think. They were not looking for great sums of money, mainly contacts and we were told we would get a percentage. We decided not to get involved as finding gold on sunken ships seemed quite unlikely. Then a few years later I remember reading they actually did find loads of gold on HMS Victory not Nelsons ship but the one before that. You can imagine how I felt after that :shok0002:

Maybe some of the others will know more about the Magnetmeter it certainly looks like an impressive piece of kit.

• Like 3