Ww2 German police helmet. Real or not

Trenchfoot

I don't really know much about German helmets, but I could buy this one for a good price. I'm not sure if it's legit or fake, because it brings up some doubts. One being the weird pad in the middle of the liner, and the maker mark. Also, the paint looks blue-ish and there is remnants of a decal on one side. Can you please help? post-37905-0-52807900-1482100688_thumb.pngpost-37905-0-83256700-1482100701_thumb.pngpost-37905-0-98264000-1482100713_thumb.pngpost-37905-0-20118600-1482100749_thumb.png

• Like 2

I would say this is a postwar helmet of one of the police forces of one of the Bundesländer. There are no outward fixing posts for the liner which is typical of the postwar M.40 helmets, as worn by the Bundesgrenzschutz. The Bavarian police force also still wore these in the late 1980s for ceremonial dress, as at the state funeral for Franz-Joseph Strauss in 1988. This could be for one of the states, which wore darkblue uniforms. The decal has been removed after this piece was decomissioned or abolished.

• Like 3

Thank you very much for the clarification!

• Like 3

I agree with Paul ,M53 Pattern Police helmet, the foam rubber pad was never used in war time helmets. The markings are for Linnemann & Schnetzer who were makers of post war helmets.

• Like 2