Off for a week

Buster

Well guys I am of to Spain tomorrow for a cheap n cheerfull all inclusive week of drinking & eating far too much, its a place outside Barcelona called santa susana,i went there last year and they have a flea market twice a week, so hopefully I can pick something of interest up (other than just a hangover) ;)

• Like 3

Cheers mate, they also celebrate Oktoberfest coz of the large amount of german visitors,so should be plenty of beer & bratwurst

• Like 3

Have a great time Buster, you might find some Franco stuff out there, if your not too hungover. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Well arrived back today! Unfortunately the market was rubbish, it was full of tourist guff! The last time I was there it had a good few stalls with old and militaria stuff, but not this time! All I got was a good few hangovers,a good tan and a dodgy gut! That's the last time I eat squid with shark steaks :(

• Like 3

that's a pity, it's just a matter of luck with these things , at least you got some nice weather and lot's of senoritas I'm sure B)

• Like 2

No senoritas kenny! Mrs buster wouldn't stand for it no matter how much sangria I plyed her with lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 11 months later...

That's me off to Santa susana  / Barcelona  again on Tuesday , doesn't  seem like a year ago I was saying the same thing.., at least I ain't flying with Ryan Air.

• Like 3

Have a good holiday. Perhaps you might find something on one of the local markets there!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fritz said:

Have a good holiday. Perhaps you might find something on one of the local markets there!

Thanks Fritz, not looking forward to the security at the airport! It was very tight last year, so will be even more so after recent events .( but it is a necessity in today's world ! Sadly) I do hope to drag the wife of the beach to explore the market but last year it was mostly tourist souvenirs  and the like, but you never know.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Well i managed to get home yesterday ! What a nightmare of a drive round Barcelona,  the protesters had blocked the motorway at two Tole booths and the tunnel just outside the airport  and port area! We didn't think we where going to make our flight back home I had to run through the airport like a loony trailing a 22 kilo case behind me right to the last departure  area, they  start at A to Y and my plane was at Y right at the end of the airport. I have never been as glad to board a plane, things are looking grim in Catalonia now .

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • Sad 1

Wow Buster, that does not sound too good, I hope you didn't ask for any Franco memorablia, they would have lynched you :o 

Hope the rest of your holiday was better :unsure:  

• Like 1

Some speculation about a declaration of independence next week. Whatever next?

• Sad 2

Yes Kenny the rest of the holiday was good, but the last 2 days I couldn't  settle because I was worried we couldn't get home ok.

Fritz. I know its not looking to great right now! I don't think I will be going back until it all calms down again, if at all.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Yes going anywhere these days seems dangerous, maybe safer to stay at home :unsure:

• Like 2

Perhaps in one year, everything will be forgotten and back to the start.

• Like 2