My Latest Additions

leon21

Here are two Air Training Corps Badges.

1st Brass button hole lapel badge, not sure of  period this is from.

2nd normal beret badge again not sure of period this is from.

100_5737.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here are two WW1 cap badges.

1st South African Brigade cap badge worn between 1916-1919.

2nd Hertfordshire Regiment a solid brass economy version issued in 1916.

100_5739.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here are three WW2  cap badges.

1st. The 4th/7th Royal Dragoon Guards, a maroon square backing was worn behind the badge on the general service cap.

The regiment's Duplex-Drive tanks were the 1st to land on the beach in Normandy on 6th June 1944.

2nd. The Cheshire Regiment, this badge has an eight-pointed white metal star with a brass acorn and oak leaves at it's

centre. There is  an all brass version and a light-bronze plastic version issued in 1943.

3rd. The Pioneer Corps, there are two versions of this badge made in brass and white metal, the white metal version was

reputedly for those units serving with the Royal Armoured Corps.

100_5741.jpg

• Like 2

The chrome plated ATC beret badge was worn around 1960s till around mid 1970s - earlier badges were of white metal. The lapel badge is probably much earlier. They were also later chrome and not so nicely made.

The 4th/7th Royal Dragoon Guards badge has a 1922 date -MCMXXII - ?

• Like 2

Yes this was the year they were created through the merger of the 4th ( Royal Irish ) Dragoon Guards with the 7th ( Princess Royal's )

Dragoon Guards. This white metal cap badge was adopted in 1930 and they gained the Royal distinction in 1936.

What period do you think the bass ATC lapel badge is from the 1940s or 1950s ?.

• Like 2

I think this could be a very early one. The later ones were chrome and not so finely made, up to now I thought they would have been of white metal. The chrome beret badge is like the one I used to wear around 1969/70. I have seen picture of present day ATC, the beret is unchanged but the badge could not be discerned as they were too far away. We had the 1949 battledress jackets and trousers, nowadays they wear a civilian type trousers in RAF blue and a matching pullover with their badges, bit of a comedown. The beret badge is probably unchanged.

• Like 2

• 11 months later...

Recently added this WW1 period Tyneside Scottish badge ( 3rd Pattern ) issued in 1915 , been looking for one for some time now.

100_5791.jpg

100_5788.jpg

• Like 2