Hello from the Forum members

david f

hi guys,

Just a bit about myself.

My name is David and i come from Kilmarnock in Scotland.

I collect CDV's and postcards of Imperial German soldiers.

I like the fact that it is not a faceless piece of metal or a bit of cloth but a picture of a real person.

A lot of my pictures a portraits that the soldier would send home to love ones and could possibly be the last picture the family would recieve before getting the dreadied telegram.

So join in guys and tell us a bit about yourself and what you collect and why

David F

• Like 2

Hi Dave, good to see you back :) Did you receive our new monthly newsletter?

• Like 1

Excellent Dave, if anybody out there did not receive a copy of our new monthly newsletter via email please log on to our new sign up box and enter your details.The sign up box will be appearing very soon on our home page.

• Like 1

A little bit about myself.

I'm Stephen and i'm a Third Reichaholic.

I have a shop just round from The Treasure Bunker which is not necessarily a good thing because i always have Kenny tempting me with desirable items. :D

• Like 2

That's very odd the photos didn't arrive :huh: we can try again tomorrow , yes I saw your Champion status not bad for the short amount of time you were on ,you won't beat me at Pac man though :P

• Like 1

Glad to see the forum back!

I'm Greg and originally from the States but have been here in Glasgow, Scotland for 2.5 years now. I collect bayonets, mainly pre-WWII and have have nearing 100+ examples split between deep storage in the USA and here in Scotland.

I also study military theory (have a MLitt Degree in it) and take regular trips to Germany to study military subjects. Over there I participate with vehicle clubs to restore and maintain Soviet and DDR NVA armour and equipment, the long term project is a T-34 tank complete restoration and the short term is to learn how to drive a BAT Pioneer Tank Recovery Tractor.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Hello my names reece ive spoken to a few people on this formum .i am 15 and come froma place called rochdale near manchester i live in dunoon scotland . i not really been colecctiong that long but history especially ww2 is my main intrest most peolpe call me obsessed

• Like 2

• 9 months later...

Hi guys.

Im Euan ( ET as an optional extra ;) ) Im 16 and Im a reenactor with normandy 44. We reenact the 2nd ranger battalion and are the UKs best. We try to use only original kit and have over 24 vehicles !

Im in Treasure bunker a lot, but usually only buy repro german stuff. Im intrested in ww2 RAF bomber command and have a Flying officer's uniform. I also like US stuff ( as you might have guessed ) and Waffen SS kit - im trying to get a cheap British Freekorp impression going at the moment.

Im looking forward to chatting about Militaria !

Euan

• Like 2

Welcome in Euan, look forward to your knowledge and experiences of the reenacting side of things. Vehicles are fun, I belong to a group in Germany with former Cold War Soviet Armour and Heavy Engineering/Transport vehicles/tanks/etc.

Hi guys.

Im Euan ( ET as an optional extra ;) ) Im 16 and Im a reenactor with normandy 44. We reenact the 2nd ranger battalion and are the UKs best. We try to use only original kit and have over 24 vehicles !

Im in Treasure bunker a lot, but usually only buy repro german stuff. Im intrested in ww2 RAF bomber command and have a Flying officer's uniform. I also like US stuff ( as you might have guessed ) and Waffen SS kit - im trying to get a cheap British Freekorp impression going at the moment.

Im looking forward to chatting about Militaria !

Euan

• Like 2

Im intrested in ww2 RAF bomber command and have a Flying officer's uniform.

really it just so happens i know loads about it! ;) and welcome to the fourms good to see some new people. B) also does normandy 44 do the War and peace show every year?

• Like 2

Hi ET ,welcome to the forum :thumbsup: remember when you hit officer rank on the forum you get 5% off in the Bunker :tank: have you any pictures of your group would be very interested in seeing them :thumbsup:

• Like 1

cheers for the welcome guys, I might be coming in to the shop tomorrow as it happens :D

Yes, we do the War and Peace show every year, this'll be my first one this year all going to plan !

http://i380.photobucket.com/albums/oo250/R...IMGP1244rot.jpg me in RAF gear

http://i380.photobucket.com/albums/oo250/R...an/IMGP0589.jpg our group at Pickering 2008

http://i380.photobucket.com/albums/oo250/R...an/IMGP0617.jpg dodge !

http://i380.photobucket.com/albums/oo250/R...an/IMGP1041.jpg 1st Rangers at the commando march this year

http://i380.photobucket.com/albums/oo250/R...an/IMGP0581.jpg 2nd Rangers gear at Pickering 2008

Enjoy guys !

http://www.n44.co.uk/

ET

• Like 2

Hi ET , yes I recognise you , very impressive photos and they look very accurate too :thumbsup:

• Like 1

:D:lol:B)

Hi ET, You look like a good outfit. One constructive comment, the helmets are a bit shiny!

:thumbsup:

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Hallo I am Paul and from Germany

• Like 2

Hallo I am Paul and from Germany

Welcome Paul! Where in Germany are you from?

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Hi

don here.I live east of Toronto ont on the shores of lake ontario.I am 58 and have worked in

the nuclear power field for over 30 years.I have been collecting German medals since 1989.

My main study and collecting point is the wound badge.I am now working on simple

medal bars.Singles and doubles.

don

• Like 2

I'm moving into imperial wound badges... WWI mainly because bayonets are too expensive at the moment and wound badges are out there at fair prices :) market economics of collecting :P

Hi

don here.I live east of Toronto ont on the shores of lake ontario.I am 58 and have worked in

the nuclear power field for over 30 years.I have been collecting German medals since 1989.

My main study and collecting point is the wound badge.I am now working on simple

medal bars.Singles and doubles.

don

• Like 2

Lots of Imperials out there....But some fakes also...Good luck on your collection.

don

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

The roll calls a bit out of date any members still to post here?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
kenny andrew said:
The roll calls a bit out of date any members still to post here?

Hi kenny colin is my name have the knickname of adolf by my friends who think i look like him been collecting german militaria for a number of years born in manchester moved to lincolnshire in 2000 were theres alot of militaria items to be had at fair prices retired last year due to health problems an moved to northumberland to be near my youngest daughter and grandchildren still looking to add to my collection if the price is right concentrating on kriegmarine items at the moment but also have a  collection of luftwaffe items .

• Like 2