My Latest Medal Additions

leon21

Yup, could be then... this is all circumstantial but....

Wurttemburg Schwaben is an area in South West Bavaria incorporating the Black Forrest region. The Black Forrest does have a very strong wood carving history - cuckoo clocks are well know to come from the Black Forrest.

Zermatt is a municipality in Switzerland - but Zermatt could have been a company name or the name or the carver or who knows.

So circumstantial at best but local wood carving with the badge stuck on. If the badge is authentic and the attachment of it to the wood looks kosher it may just be "folk art".

• Like 4

Nice little set there also Colin, HJ related items are always very fascinating, I keep meaning to get a load of my documents translated when I have time. :)

• Like 4

Hard to say on the Eagle Colin, but it's still a nice ornament either way :thumbsup:

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

Hello,

Leon, If no one else has helped you out, I have quite a bit of the correct Fire Brigade Ribbon that you need and would be happy to send you a length. Just get in touch with me on PM and give me your addy. Like I said, I have quite a bit so No Charge.

NShado post-37391-0-43346000-1428420234_thumb.jpgpost-37391-0-29098500-1428420273_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Welcome NSHADO,

Love your two Fire Brigade Medals. :thumbsup:

• Like 3

Thanks Leon for the comment on my two fire crosses. The First class is a tough one to find.

Nick

• Like 3

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Picked these 3 items up on a visit to Kenny's shop the other week, was most impressed a real treasure trove, was well

pleased with the visit.

Sorry it was a short visit, I could have spent all day there, but had the wife waiting to go on a shopping spree.

.post-3823-0-76688800-1444768004_thumb.jpgpost-3823-0-36447600-1444768023_thumb.jpgpost-3823-0-99341400-1444768069_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Cheers Colin, glad you liked your items , was great to meet you too , you've got to keep the wife happy just don't tell her how much they were :D

• Like 4

• 1 year later...

Here's some more additions picked up from Kenny's shop last week, on another shopping trip to Glasgow.

had a great day found a great little café on Dundas St side of Queen St Station, the owner made the

best burger that I have ever tasted.post-3823-0-73773300-1479469479_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Excellent Colin, was great to see you again :thumbsup: where is that cafe? is it half way up Dundas street? looking on google maps at the moment , is it the Laquila ? I've not been to Dundas street in years , always good to find somewhere that sells a good burger.

cafe.jpg

• Like 2

Cheers Colin , I'll pay it a visit, when the weather improves :)

• Like 2

Nice mounted set, the 18-Year service cross is now quite rare. This one looks like Zink in the photo?

• Like 3