airbrush

Greg

hey all, I am thinking of finally getting an airbrush soon. I have never used an airbrush before though. am I better to spring for the expense of a Badger airbrush right away or go for a more beginner like a Revell kit (not the super cheap ones though). suggestions welcome.

If you ask me, I say go straight to a nicer one, will be a lot better to practice techniques and will save you a bit of money. I myself have a Paasche airbrush, never failed me once and have never used any others before. The whole process in using them on models will certainly pay off and looks a lot nicer than most completely hand painted ones.

Also as with most things that spray paint etc, you must thoroughly clean the thing after use (I clean by spraying tamiya thinner through it) or it will bugger it up. :)

i started with the cheap airbrush and lots of masking tape at the beginning not really good for detail spraying but did the job, once i'd mastered the cheap one i the bought a simple badger which allows me to change the head and needles from heavy to fine. i still use my old cheap one for large paint jobs. i also only use acrylics mixed with water (consistency of milk) easier to clean and better for the lungs and no added expense for thinners etc.