DDR NVA Pioneer Panzers

Greg

Here are some photos of BAT-M engineer vehicles from my trips to Germany.

post-17-1206729653_thumb.jpg

Above is a BAT-M in front with a BTM-3 behind. The BAT-M is a general all purpose engineering vehicle usually with a crane and plow. The BATM-3 is designed to dig trenches, very very quickly.

post-17-1206729757_thumb.jpg

Interior cab of the BAT series of vehicles.

post-17-1206729792_thumb.jpg

Controls for driver of a BAT series vehicle.

post-17-1206729867_thumb.jpg

PTS-M Amphibious tank, designed to transport heavy trucks and light armor across water. I have seen examples of these also used as floating artillery platforms! This is a MASSIVE tank and one of my favorite vehicles of all time.

post-17-1206729966_thumb.jpg

This is not actually a Pioneer vehicle but I came across it. I love it just for the fact that it is a simple jeep with a missile launcher, that only can be used in retreat.. hmm

• 3 weeks later...

fantastic pictures.

There is a site on the net where you can buy the BTm personnel carriers,along with Russian T-72 tanks.

I don't know the price ,but as my mum used to say,if you have to ask then you cannot afford it

fantastic pictures.

There is a site on the net where you can buy the BTm personnel carriers,along with Russian T-72 tanks.

I don't know the price ,but as my mum used to say,if you have to ask then you cannot afford it

I've seen these websites. I know of some in the US that are legit and some that are fake (one about 8 yars ago was selling everything from helmets to PT boats and was not legit). Most of the stuff coms out of Czech areas, they have loads of it. There is a dealer claiming to export to the UK on a yarly basis but I've never looking into seing if it is a fraud or not.

Still I would LOVE LOVE LOVE a BTM! What I really need to do is just give up the day job and move to Germany where my club has several vehicles they want me to learn how to restore, yay!